cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery grip for Canon 77d

secondlevel
Enthusiast
I just purchased a 77d. Because of the small battery I wanted to get a battery grip. I checked online and at the Canon store but couldn't find one! Does Canon make a grip for this model?
48 REPLIES 48

TCBgunnar
Apprentice

take a look here.

[link removed per forum guidelines]

Gunnar

Hey! You removed the link!

I saw the link but won't comment on it here other than asking a question.

Was the link removed only because it was not a Canon product, or do you know something about that brand or seller that sends out a red flag?

Since Canon doesn't offer a battery grip for the 77d (as of today, please correct me if I'm wrong), and since several of us here are looking for that product, can we not share that information? I thought it was nice he shared the info. This didn't look like spam or an ad to me.

Thanks!

AR15_Dude

Hello AR15_Dude!

That's a great question, and we're happy to share our general rule of thumb with you regarding links. 

Per the Forum Guidelines, "promotion of third party products, promotions, websites, organizations, goods or services" is not allowed. We will typically let it slide when the item in question is something Canon doesn't make, or if the link is to a reputable site or an Authorized Canon Dealer.

In this case, we're discussing a third party battery grip, which has potential to damage your camera. The site referenced was not an Authorized Dealer, nor was the product coming from within the USA. 

These things led us to remove the link. If Forum members want to tell other members where they can search to find unauthorized accessories, they're welcome to, however, using non-Canon power accessories can void your warranty if your product is damaged and it is found to be due to using third party batteries or accessories. 

@Stephen wrote:

Hello AR15_Dude!

That's a great question, and we're happy to share our general rule of thumb with you regarding links. 

Per the Forum Guidelines, "promotion of third party products, promotions, websites, organizations, goods or services" is not allowed. We will typically let it slide when the item in question is something Canon doesn't make, or if the link is to a reputable site or an Authorized Canon Dealer.

In this case, we're discussing a third party battery grip, which has potential to damage your camera. The site referenced was not an Authorized Dealer, nor was the product coming from within the USA. 

These things led us to remove the link. If Forum members want to tell other members where they can search to find unauthorized accessories, they're welcome to, however, using non-Canon power accessories can void your warranty if your product is damaged and it is found to be due to using third party batteries or accessories. 

You know, Stephen, you could make that point without actually deleting the link. We're not - at least most of us are not - grade school newbies here.

MOREOVER, with all the speculation there's been about whether Canon would ever provide a battery grip for the 77D, I don't recall that Canon has weighed in even once on the subject. I understand that your role is to police the forum, not to contribute to it. But these days even police departments are expected to be more helpful than that.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

@RobertTheFat wrote:

@Stephen wrote:

Hello AR15_Dude!

You know, Stephen, you could make that point without actually deleting the link. We're not - at least most of us are not - grade school newbies here.

MOREOVER, with all the speculation there's been about whether Canon would ever provide a battery grip for the 77D, I don't recall that Canon has weighed in even once on the subject. I understand that your role is to police the forum, not to contribute to it. But these days even police departments are expected to be more helpful than that.

I agree with Stephen, Bon.  As I have pointed out many times before, Canon's policy is pretty much the standard when it comes to user forums.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

@RobertTheFat wrote:

@Stephen wrote:

Hello AR15_Dude!

I agree with Stephen, Bon.  As I have pointed out many times before, Canon's policy is pretty much the standard when it comes to user forums.

Don't get me wrong: my point is not directed at Stephen personally. He has been helpful to us in many ways for years. I am simply saying that in my opinion Canon's policy is too rigid and does not strike the right balance between Canon's interests and that of their users. The policies that other companies apply to their user forums are no concern of mine.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Bob, 

I know that your frustration is directed at Canon, not Stephen.  But, if you think the policy is too rigid, then you are taking too shallow of a view of the reasons for it.  As I have pointed out many times before, the basic intent of the policy is to prevent the posting of malicious links.  

If you have a better idea on how to prevent the posting of malicious links, let's hear it.  The alternative is for every post to go into a queue, where it sits in limbo so that a moderator can approve it, which let's the post appear on the forum.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

It is Canon's web site.  They don't have to even offer one.  They can run it however they see fit. If it were me, I would not allow third party non-Canon stuff to be mentioned at all.

Why in the world would Canon endure the cost to promote other often damaging accessories?  

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Kiwilover
Apprentice
There is a Canon 77d ....
Announcements