kennlw5
Apprentice
7d
6 REPLIES 6

WaltA
Contributor

I know

Yup......

(What was the question again? Smiley Tongue)

David
Enthusiast

Always.

When using back button focusing when does the IS engage?  Is it when you are pressing the focus button or when you press the shutter?

Just wondering because sometimes I lock in my focus with the back button then wait a couple seconds to hit the shutter button (depends on the scene I'm working with).  This has just been something I was wondering.  I'd test it out but I don't currently have a lens with IS.

@Local_Hero wrote:

When using back button focusing when does the IS engage?  Is it when you are pressing the focus button or when you press the shutter?

Just wondering because sometimes I lock in my focus with the back button then wait a couple seconds to hit the shutter button (depends on the scene I'm working with).  This has just been something I was wondering.  I'd test it out but I don't currently have a lens with IS.

Not sure if it varies by camera/body, but for the 5DM3 and 7D, IS starts for both when you press the focus button and the shutter. It stays on for a few seconds after you let go of either button.

kevinb
Contributor

This is the very first thing I do to a camera. Been set on my 7D since day one, and when I borrow any other camera, it must be configured!!

Announcements