cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-focus doesn't give pefect results

AnasTB
Contributor

Hi everyone,

I have a canon 60D + 50 mm 1.4 canon lens.

I bought two of them ; but the focus of the lens ( Auto&manual) was not working because of  barrel ring deformation.

s-l1600.jpg

So, I purchased the part from internet, manual focus works now perfectly.  But, the autofocus does not give perfect results. If I zoom while autofocusing, the camera skip the perfect focus and stop focus on a blurry image.

So, what do you think ? could the problem be from the ring or  the motor of the lens? and of course, I hope it's not a camera problem...

Thank you very much !

14 REPLIES 14

If you took your lens apart and made some sort of repair, you are on your own.  I cannot advise you on what to do, and I don't believe many others around here can, either.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I aprreciate your healp, thank you 🙂

I suggest you mount the camera w/lens on a tripod when you are testing. Then take some pics in both AF and M/F modes and see the results. See if the pics taken with AF are blurry. Try step down to F2.8 and F4 and see the results.

You are holding the camera with your shaking hands and magnifying the view makes testing very unreliable.

Test it in a well lit enviroment with a target with good contrast.

In your video the first beep confirmation comes with an in-focus image. The second one comes with a blurry image. But it cannot proof anything.

If after proper set up, the lens still cannot focus accurately, send it to Canon. Or simply use it as a manual fcous lens.

Even on a tripod it doesn't give perfect reuslts ..

I see that it's not a simple issue, so thank you very much and I aprreciate your help. .

Have a good day !

I have no idea about the AFMA and I don't know if my camera has it. How to check that ?

Announcements