cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Rotate-5DIV

Cunha
Rising Star

Hi,

I´ve the Auto Rotate (5DIV) feature turned on, both for Camera and Computer.

Why does my portrait images do not auto rotate when I push the play button on my camera for reviewing purposes?

I´ve to rotate by hand each image in order to take advantage of the back screen in portrait mode .-( Not nice when showing images to clients.

Is there a way to let the camera rotate the images; like an iPad?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tim
Authority

Hello Cunha, 

It sounds as though you probably have Auto Rotate correctly enabled in the camera.  This feature will make it so that image captured in the portrait position will appear right side up as viewed when the camera itself is held in the landscape position.  If you were to rotate the camera and LCD into the portrait position, the images would stay rotated in their original position and not fill the screen.  The image will not auto rotate like those taken with an iPhone or iPad.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Tim
Authority

Hello Cunha, 

It sounds as though you probably have Auto Rotate correctly enabled in the camera.  This feature will make it so that image captured in the portrait position will appear right side up as viewed when the camera itself is held in the landscape position.  If you were to rotate the camera and LCD into the portrait position, the images would stay rotated in their original position and not fill the screen.  The image will not auto rotate like those taken with an iPhone or iPad.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Tim, thanks a lot for your reply. If I shoot with the camera in landscape mode it will show images in landscape. The same with portrait orientation. Understood. Thanks again.

Announcements