cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there any options to extend Canon's 1 year warranty after the first year is over?

kr0004
Apprentice

I am thinking of buying a Canon 6d with a 1 year Canon warranty. However, after I have owned the camera for one year, I will want to buy an extension or new warranty to keep my camera covered. Are there any suggestions for the best methods to do this?

2 REPLIES 2

digital
Rising Star

Why would you want to?  If anything fails it is usually going to happen within the manufacturers warranty period. Sure something can go wrong after but the extended warranty business is the biggest scam on the planet.  I have never purchased extended warranty for anything and I can tell you after 30+ years I am well ahead of the that game. Often sales people will make more on commission selling you extended warranty than on the product itself. One time I had to argue with a big well known electronics dealer because I refused to take extended warranty for a $40 microwave. 

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Of course there is, have you not heard of Canon CarePAK Plus?  Go the the Canon web site.  Or Click here

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements