cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Lightroom

jajm
Apprentice

Just wondering if anyone is using Adobe Lightroom??

7 REPLIES 7

ph0t0bug
Apprentice

Hi, Newbie here. I have been using Lightroom for about 6 or 8 months, then got the Beta version just after purchase. I really like the new version, which just became available yesterday. It has some nice featues, but I won't be going to the "cloud" at $49 a month.

Lightroom 5 is available as a standalone product. Check the adobe.com website. It was officially released on June 9th. For photographers, it has great new features that you can use 90% of the time to create great images without having to buy Photoshop.

LoyalUser
Apprentice
Using Lightroom 4. Great program ......... easy to use. Very powerful, but I still use Photshop CS6 for some stuff that Lightroom cannot do.

I use it all of the time and love it for quick asset categorizing ans image adjustment. I also go to PS for real dirty manipulaiton.
Wynn Systems
www.WynnSys.com
www.flickr.com/photos/mlundy

Download demo, invest some time learning, lots of great web resources. Watch the Adobe TV tutorials, I particularly like the Julieanne Kost videos. Lightroom 5 will be released later this month. Buy a copy from B&H for the same price that way you will get a copy on disk. Get a good book (Scott Kelby), keep learning.

mnoirot64
Apprentice

I have been using Lightroom since version 2. It is a great workflow tool and does allow some creativity in post processing. Once you're used to the workflow, you will really appreciate how it simplifies things.

Michael Noirot

Clarksville Photography, LLC
www.clarksvillephotography.biz
michael.noirot@clarksvillephotography.biz

I've been a diehard Photoshop fanboy for almost 20 years now.  I picked up Lightroom when they released version 4 for a very reasonable price.  I absolutely hated it at first (purely because I didn't know how to use it and it was frustrating), but once I got used to it I never looked back.  I honestly can't imagine being a digital photographer and not using Lightroom or the equivilent.  Adobe Bridge has nothing on the catalog capabilities of Lightroom.  Money well spent. (I am not endorsed by Adobe 🙂

Announcements