Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About auto power off function

canonuser78
Enthusiast

Hello again guys,

long time no see ,since yesterday as far as I remember 😄

Talking about Auto Power Off function , is there anyone that can tell us , it could be used on long terms - many days for example - as long as no one push the shutter or any button to wake the "beast" ?

This function completly shut down the camera or it's a kind of sleep function and some parts remain power supplied ?

Thanks,

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

hsbn
Whiz

It's not completly shutdown. However, it should not cost too much power if any at all. I have it on for a week. Unless you turn on the GPS. With GPS turned on, even if you turn off the camera, it is still active.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

View solution in original post

cicopo
Elite

I use sleep mode all the time & there are many times when the camera will sit unused for several days or even 2 or 3 weeks at times. Never ever noticed a shortened battery life from it so the draw must be minimal. .

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

hsbn
Whiz

It's not completly shutdown. However, it should not cost too much power if any at all. I have it on for a week. Unless you turn on the GPS. With GPS turned on, even if you turn off the camera, it is still active.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

cicopo
Elite

I use sleep mode all the time & there are many times when the camera will sit unused for several days or even 2 or 3 weeks at times. Never ever noticed a shortened battery life from it so the draw must be minimal. .

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

Thank you guys , Good to know.

very fast feedback as always .

Have a nice day ,

Announcements