cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ANY way to monitor audio on a 70D when shooting video?

Summersond
Contributor

I know there is a meter if you go into menu but I want to monitor live with headphones on what is coming OUT, not what is going in.  I can monitor input but want to make sure output is not overdriven.  Any advise would be wonderful.  I tried hooking up the A/V cable to the camera and monitoring audio out there while shooting but it does not work.  I know that the HDMI audio is muted during recording as well.  This is not a minor issue for those of us who want to make sure we have good audio to start with, as I use a mixer and multiple sources when shooting.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tim
Authority

Summersond,

There isn't a method for outputting the audio signal alone from the EOS 70D to headphones while recording video.  We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause you at this time.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Tim
Authority

Summersond,

There isn't a method for outputting the audio signal alone from the EOS 70D to headphones while recording video.  We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause you at this time.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Is there a chance you can do a firmware update to make this happen?  I know that many would appreciate it!

dave

I am looking to just view the audio levels while recording but can't seem to get my eos 70d to display them. I went into the menu settings and turned the sound recording to manual hoping it would display the levels but it didn't work. Any help would be much appreciated!

Hello dash1503, 

There is most like a simple way to get the levels to come back on.  If you press the <INFO> button the display will change.  By pressing this a few times you will cycle through the available displays.  

Announcements