cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AEB, self-timer and burst?

dswift
Apprentice

I have two MkII bodies. As far as I can tell they're set up identically.

On one body, I set AEB and a 2-second timer. It takes all three shots in a single burst, bam-bam-bam. Nice.

On the other body I cannot get it to shoot the 3-frame burst. It wants a shutter press for each exposure.

Where's the secret setting to make it shoot in a burst?

4 REPLIES 4

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Mark 2, what?  Which one?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

5D Mk II.

Tim
Authority

Hello dswift,

The EOS 5D Mark III which requires you to depress the shutter button three times is set to single shot mode.  Versus the other EOS 5D Mark III which is set to continuous shooting mode. 

You can change this setting by pressing the <AF-Drive> button and selecting the option which shows multiple overlapping frames- this is continuous shooting mode. This allows three frames to be captured continuously when you press down the shutter button completely. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

@Tim wrote:

Hello dswift,

The EOS 5D Mark III which requires you to depress the shutter button three times is set to single shot mode.  Versus the other EOS 5D Mark III which is set to continuous shooting mode. ...

Er... Maybe it doesn't change anything, but the OP just told us they're Mark II's.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements