cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

80d won't link by WIFI to MotoG phone.

Jonzjob
Contributor

Hi, I am totally new to this consept and I am trying to link my new EOS 80D to my MotoG 1st genaeration mobile phone. I am using the Canon Camera Connect programme.

The 80D is all set through to "Waiting to connect" an I have been following the 'Easy Connect' directions on my phone. The phone tries to connect and 'Authenticate' the connection and actually shows 'Saved' for a fraction of a second before it goes back to 'Authenticating' several times. It them shows 'Authentication problem'.

Has anyone any idea as to why it will not connect? I have connected it to my MacBook Pro running El Captan with no problems at all and I want to do the same with my phone so that I can use the remote fascility on the move.

Any ideas please folks?

Never forget that you are unique. Just like everyone else.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Well, I have managed to sort out why it wasn't connecting to my MotoG. It was asking for my password to pair. The only password I have for anything to do with Canon was the only one I knew so I was entering it. What it really wanted was the 'Encription key" and as soon as I entered that it was quite happy to pair.

So now I am able to opperate my 80D from my mobile phone. I sometimes wonder why people don't use the same language when talking about these things? But as the French say, c'est la vie...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Tim
Authority

Hello Jonzjob, 

We recommend un-installing and then reinstalling the software at the latest version.  Then use the Easy Connection Guide through the Camera Connect app to take you through the appropriate steps.  

If you continue to have trouble connecting, we recommend calling our Customer Care Center for live, step by step assistance.

Please call 1(800)828-4040 and follow the prompts for Technical Support. Our agents are available Monday through Friday, from 8 AM to Midnight EST, and on Saturdays from 10 AM to 8 PM EST.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for your reply Tim. I believe that I have the latest software level as I only downloaded it yesterday, level 2.1.20.14., But I will delete/reload the programme and I will let you now how I get on.

If I have to contact the Customer Care then it will be either Europe or U.K. as I live in France. I will see about updating my profile, if  I can find out how to  :-))  :-))

Well, I have managed to sort out why it wasn't connecting to my MotoG. It was asking for my password to pair. The only password I have for anything to do with Canon was the only one I knew so I was entering it. What it really wanted was the 'Encription key" and as soon as I entered that it was quite happy to pair.

So now I am able to opperate my 80D from my mobile phone. I sometimes wonder why people don't use the same language when talking about these things? But as the French say, c'est la vie...

I nearly forgot !!

Now for the smart TV!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements