Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Re: 80D sudden exposure flicker in full manual video

I still wanna keep my 6D for stills. Was ok with the fact that that my Tamron 70-200/2.8 wouldn't work for video with 80D (firmware issue), but there were no issues reported with 24-70/2.8 for 80D. In other words I'd need to get rid of all my lenses (apart from the Canon ones) and invest into new glass, which optically doesn't add much just to use it with 80D for video...nope, would rather keep the lenses and get a Sony with adapter instead.

Esteemed Contributor

Canoonista_CZ wrote:

I still wanna keep my 6D for stills. Was ok with the fact that that my Tamron 70-200/2.8 wouldn't work for video with 80D (firmware issue), but there were no issues reported with 24-70/2.8 for 80D. In other words I'd need to get rid of all my lenses (apart from the Canon ones) and invest into new glass, which optically doesn't add much just to use it with 80D for video...nope, would rather keep the lenses and get a Sony with adapter instead.

Did you ever contact Tamron? If it really is a firmware issue, maybe they could fix it.

Bob
Boston, Massachusetts USA
Occasional Contributor

My Tamron lenses are out of warranty already and they charge an unreasonable sum of money...which I'm not willing to pay.

Esteemed Contributor

Canoonista_CZ wrote:

My Tamron lenses are out of warranty already and they charge an unreasonable sum of money...which I'm not willing to pay.

They charge enough to justify you buying a new camera? I'm surprised; but if the shoe fits, wear it.

Bob
Boston, Massachusetts USA