cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

80D Video Playback Audio

mursone
Apprentice

Hi,

My 80D records video and sound but when I go to playback in the camera I hear no audio from the camera. If I plug in headphones I hear the audio. Has anynone had this problem before?

Thanks,

Mike

4 REPLIES 4

Tim
Authority

There are a few troubleshooting steps we'd like to try to resolve this issue.

- Anything you attach or install in the camera — memory cards, lens, battery grips should be removed.

- Try installing a different memory card* or format the existing memory card**. *Any memory card you use in the camera should be formatted prior to use. **Format the card using the camera's menu command,and see if that restores normal operation to the camera. This erases the data on any media card you format so please backup any data you wish to keep.

If the issues seem to persist the next step would be to send the equipment to Canon for service.  You can set up service on Canon's web site below. 

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/service-repair

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

If there is ..sound, it means that... the camera recorded the sound on the card! So this is not related to.. card logically.
I had the same problem yesterday. Put an external mic from a console. Could hear the sound with my earset but no sound without it. Weird. Transfer the sequence on final cut pro, works great.

EOS 80D

It's not working with me also. I don't know what the issue is.

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

@mursone wrote:

Hi,

My 80D records video and sound but when I go to playback in the camera I hear no audio from the camera. If I plug in headphones I hear the audio. Has anynone had this problem before?

Thanks,

Mike

Yes, I once had this problem with my SL1.  The problem was I had the volume turned down too low to hear it.  You can adjust the volume shown on page 365 of your 80D manual.  

If your volume is turned up but you still can't hear the speaker, I would think your speaker is defective.  

Clipboard01.jpg

Mike Sowsun
Announcements