cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

80D NO TIME CODE??

MaryMac
Contributor
What happened to time code with the 80D? It was in with the 70D and I used it with my video filming, but to my surprise, even though it's in the official press release for the new camera, they failed to include time code in the new camera. Can anyone shed light on this and if it's possible they will update the firmware to include it at a later date?
13 REPLIES 13

MaryMac
Contributor
Ha! Totally.

lagrandeours
Apprentice

i m all so using time code in my video editing 

and i hope that canon will make an update of the firmware bc it s a big pb for me to work without timecode, i will returne this camera if this probleme is not solved 

secondwind
Apprentice

I am no Canon expert but my son just bought a EOS 80D and shot video with it.  I synced his video with mine from my Sony Z5U video camera in Sony Vegas.  When I pulled his files into my session, the clock time at the beginning of each clip was listed in the clips list.  So the camera does record at least the start time of each clip if not the entire STMPE time code.  It was not an exact match with my Sony Z5U camera's time code but close enough that I could fine tune it pretty easily.  I suggest pulling a clip into your editor and taking a closer look.  I am guessing you will find the start time of the clip listed. 

MaryMac
Contributor
Yes, we know this to be the case, but with the previous version, we did not have to rely on the clock for means of time code. At any rate, we decided to begin using PluraEyes 4 to sync our content as we don’t have to worry about time code anymore with this amazing program.
Announcements