cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7d ii ios

MabelLucy
Contributor

I was changing a lot of settings on my camera.

I use it in TV mode and after my changes  and going back to TV mode my iOS will not stay at 400 or whatever I set it on.  It changes to 6400 or 3200 or... depending on the lighting. I cannot contact Canon support as it is a holiday.

I was hoping someone could tell me what I have done. 

At first I thought it was because I left my white balance on cloudy day. But I changed that back to auto and it still changes my iOS settings. I know I'm missing something I just can't figure out what. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray-uk
Whiz

Press menu, go to 5th group from left (camera with dots under), select safety shift and turn it off (disable). It looks as though you have got it set to ISO at the moment.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

cicopo
Elite

You have most likely set it to AUTO ISO in a menu.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

Ray-uk
Whiz

It sounds as though you may have set it to auto ISO, if this is the case then you will see the letter A on the top LCD.

No letter A :smiley frustrated

I'm thinking in one of the menu items rather that in the normal ISO setting method.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

@MabelLucy wrote:

No letter A :smiley frustrated

That does not necessarily mean that ISO is not set to AUTO.  If the metering is active, you will see an ISO setting.  

If you press the [Q] button, for Quick Menu, you should see the exposure and camera settings.  If ISO is set to AUTO, you will always see it on this screen.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Ray-uk
Whiz

Press menu, go to 5th group from left (camera with dots under), select safety shift and turn it off (disable). It looks as though you have got it set to ISO at the moment.

Just to be pedantic:

iOS = iPhone Operating System

ISO = International Standards Organisation

I found that and it took several tries to get the right combination.

You were right, I had it set on ISO.  It is now set to Tv/Av and I think I am happy. 

Thank you. 

Announcements