cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7D mkii screen flashing red

riverracer
Apprentice

i got a second hand 7d2 with low shutter count, and have been playing with it for last couple weeks.

went out last weekend and shot some local AFL (ausralian footbal league) to get the feel for the camera,

was getting ready to go out to a local night game this evening to watch a friend, so i charged battery, formatted cards etc,

but when i looked thru the viefinder, it is flashing everything all red when i half press the shutter button...

now i never noticed it doing that last week, i have been playing with the settings, again trying to learn,

but for the life of me i karnt find any setting i may have changed to affect this.

have even tried differed lenes, to no avail

camera has latest firmware 1.1.2

am i imagining something or have i screwed up something?

1 REPLY 1

lly3988
Rising Star

Go to Menu :AF and check VF illumination.

@riverracer wrote:

i got a second hand 7d2 with low shutter count, and have been playing with it for last couple weeks.

went out last weekend and shot some local AFL (ausralian footbal league) to get the feel for the camera,

was getting ready to go out to a local night game this evening to watch a friend, so i charged battery, formatted cards etc,

but when i looked thru the viefinder, it is flashing everything all red when i half press the shutter button...

now i never noticed it doing that last week, i have been playing with the settings, again trying to learn,

but for the life of me i karnt find any setting i may have changed to affect this.

have even tried differed lenes, to no avail

camera has latest firmware 1.1.2

am i imagining something or have i screwed up something?

Announcements