cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7D Mk2 Not Recognized by Windows 10

damgood
Contributor

First: I am in I.T.. I have Googled & Binged many troubleshooting options, including all possible "turn it off & back on", "plug it into another port", & "reinstall the driver" (yes, there is a driver: the MTP driver). I am on Windows 10 (everything on newest updates) 

The camera is simply not there. It doesn't appear in Explorer, none of the software (Bridge, EOS Utility, Lightroom, etc) recognizes that it exists at all. It was working fine, but I joined my work domain which requires making a new user account. After that, nothing. I can't even get the EOS Utility to recognize it over WiFi anymore (that might be due to the domain join, but wired connect should work).

I have tried everythig I can find, including this little nugget: http://bit.ly/2pSeTJl

Please send help & coffee! 😉

Photos: https://flic.kr/damgood
Opinionated Nonsense: https://fb.me/durham.bell
59 REPLIES 59

I have done all this many times and it does not work for me. Thank you. I have NEVER inserted the WI-FI card into my camera. I am 100% computer literate and used PC's since the 1980's.

BillinTexas
Apprentice

I was having the same problem.  I would connect and turn the camera on.  It would connect but only momentarily and never show up in the file explorer.  I uninstalled the camera and then turned it back on and it was then visible to file explorer and stays connected.  Hope this helps someone.

@BillinTexaswrote:

I was having the same problem.  I would connect and turn the camera on.  It would connect but only momentarily and never show up in the file explorer.  I uninstalled the camera and then turned it back on and it was then visible to file explorer and stays connected.  Hope this helps someone.

Take out the WiFi card and all will be well.

OP was using wifi card but I wasn't. I've had no further problems.

1; install all eps software onto computer

2; take out the WiFi card with the camera switched off.

3;attach computer cable from camera to computer

4;switch on camera

5; all should be well as this is also documented in the manual.... camera will NOT BE RECOGNISED with the WiFi card in the camera. 

roodis
Contributor

No need to install Canon Utility for a windows computer to recognize the camera.  You should be able to see it and copy or drag and drop files using windows explorer, but if you have windows set to take no action, you may not see anything happening as you connect it.      facebook Apk 

If it doesn't work with Canon utilities installed, try a different USB cable, and port on the computer.  Don't to forget the old faithful solution, reboot the computer --- it still sometimes works :D

If the camera cannot be connected to a computer, it may be due to one of the following reasons. Please confirm the following items in order.

1. The camera is not connected properly to the computer with the USB cable

To connect the camera to a computer, use the supplied USB cable. For details on how to connect the camera to a computer, please refer to
< title="Connecting the Camera to a Computer using a USB Cable (EOS 7D Mark II)" answer_id="${conten....

2. The camera is not recognized by EOS Utility (You can only click [Monitor Folder] on the main window of EOS Utility)

If the camera is not recognized by the supplied software, please try the possible solution methods listed below.
  • The supported software version may differ depending on the camera you use and the operating system installed on the computer.(Version 2.14 or later is supported.)
  • When using a camera or computer that differs from the model used initially, please download the supported version of EOS Utility. Versions of the EOS Utility Updater for a variety of cameras/operating systems can be downloaded from the Canon homepage.                         gta san andreas apk 
  • EOS Utility does not operate correctly on a computer if its system requirements are not met. Use EOS Utility on a computer with compatible system requirements. For details on system requirements that are compatible with the application, please refer to the 'Related information' section at the bottom of the page.
  • EOS Utility and the camera may not communicate normally with a cable other than the EOS DIGITAL camera-dedicated Canon interface cable. Connect your camera and computer directly with the interface cable provided with your camera. Do not connect the camera via a hub; doing so may prevent EOS Utility and your camera from communicating normally.
  • If there is insufficient charge left in the camera battery, the camera cannot communicate with EOS Utility. In this case, replace the battery with a charged one, or use an AC adapter kit ACK-E6 (Separately available).Your computer does not supply power to the camera through the interface cable.

3. CameraWindow is being used

Your camera does not support CameraWindow. If you are using CameraWindow, please install and use the EOS Utility application supplied with the camera.
NOTE
If your computer does not meet the System Requirements for EOS Utility, you can import images using a card slot on the computer or a commercially available card reader.
For the procedures for importing images using a card reader or a card slot on a computer, please see the 'Related Information' section at the end of the page.

4. The camera is not recognized by Windows OS

If the descriptions in items 1 and 2 above do not apply to your situation, the camera may not have been recognized by your computer's OS. For information on possible solutions, please see the 'Related Information' section below.

Gadgetmandb
Contributor

I have had the same problem.

I took the WiFi card out of the camera and hey presto it now works. Connects lovely to the camera via USB. 

Gadgetmandb
Contributor

I have had the same problem.

@damgoodwrote:

First: I am in I.T.. I have Googled & Binged many troubleshooting options, including all possible "turn it off & back on", "plug it into another port", & "reinstall the driver" (yes, there is a driver: the MTP driver). I am on Windows 10 (everything on newest updates) 

The camera is simply not there. It doesn't appear in Explorer, none of the software (Bridge, EOS Utility, Lightroom, etc) recognizes that it exists at all. It was working fine, but I joined my work domain which requires making a new user account. After that, nothing. I can't even get the EOS Utility to recognize it over WiFi anymore (that might be due to the domain join, but wired connect should work).

I have tried everythig I can find, including this little nugget: http://bit.ly/2pSeTJl

Please send help & coffee! 😉

I took the WiFi card out of the camera and hey presto it now works. Connects lovely to the camera via USB. 

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
The 7D2 uses EOSU 3. It is possible that your shutter count application is blocking the EOS Utility from accessing the camera.
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I don't have any shutter count software installed any more, so the problem still exists.

Announcements