cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7D Mark II AF Question

CanonBallBob
Apprentice

Hello All...New to the forum and my 7D Mark II. I went to a graduation this past weekend and tried getting some close up shots from the wings of the auditorium. Shooting in Av, AI servo and using the very most center focus point, I could not get off a good, in-focused shot to save my butt. Plenty of light and the ISO was around 16000 (i know...it is marginal at that point), but I would expect that focus should have been dead on. What's the deal?

No problem with focus close up...sees pretty sharp.

Is it true what some have said about this camera? Focus is hit and miss?

11 REPLIES 11

Folks,

I'm not one to argue.  The thread started with the venue being an indoor graduation.  I'd be willing to bet flash was allowed, and that at least 50% of the moms were using their ineffective built-in flashes.  If it's between shooting at 16,000 ISO or using a flash - I'll use a flash every time.  Concerts, awards, etc., but not plays.

Indoor ice hockey and indoor soccer is where I use my 600EX.  The arena folks use their permenantly mounted strobes - flash is allowed- we shoot from elevated positions.  ...and before you start - I get enough added light at 100 ft to get me to, or faster than, 1/500 sec. 

PJ
(Grampy)

"Photography is a money-sucking black hole, and I'm approaching the event horizon"

Interesting.  Everybodyd is different.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements