cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7D Mark 2 "busy" during Wi-fi remote shutter mode

tehroxors
Contributor

So I just plugged in my new W-E1 Wi-fi card, I follow all the instructions and I can connect to it with my phone with no problem. I can even access the pictures on camera and download them too my phone via the Canon Camera Connect app. However when I attempt to go into the live view remote shutter mode it hangs and shows "busy" on both the rear lcd and the phone app. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Or does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to remedy this situation? Thanks in advance!

- Ian

30 REPLIES 30

@Andrejoh wrote:
When downloading the firmware, you also get a folder with the install instructions. I followed the part where you connect the camera to the computer, and install the firmware directly to the camera via EOS Utility. And yes, it was just to select the older firmware and otherwise just follow the prosedure.

Use a card reader if you have one. The direct installation method is error-prone, and the slightest misreading of the instructions can brick the camera.

At least that's how it used to be; I haven't tried direct installation in quite a while. But several years ago I bricked my wife's XTi and had to send it to the Canon shop for restoration. Canon was very helpful and did it for free, but it was inconvenient and embarrassing. Doing it with a card reader is easy and straightforward.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements