cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7D Mark 2 "busy" during Wi-fi remote shutter mode

tehroxors
Contributor

So I just plugged in my new W-E1 Wi-fi card, I follow all the instructions and I can connect to it with my phone with no problem. I can even access the pictures on camera and download them too my phone via the Canon Camera Connect app. However when I attempt to go into the live view remote shutter mode it hangs and shows "busy" on both the rear lcd and the phone app. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Or does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to remedy this situation? Thanks in advance!

- Ian

30 REPLIES 30

It works for a couple different cameras, 7D mk 2, 5DS, and 5DS R. But $40 bucks to only be able to upload images wirelessly is ridiculous unless you choose to use older firmware. I was looking forward to using my phone as a remote shutter, but I can buy a wireless remote shutter from amazon for less than $20. I'm sure they'll fix the app some time, but it's not worth the wait or the downgrade to me. 

@joemama wrote:

I got it to work by down grading firmare back to 1.1.0 from 1.1.1

I thought that upgrade was supposed to make the Wi-Fi card functional with the 7D Mark II.   ???

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

For those that have the problem, did you remove the wi-fi card before you did the upgrade to 1.1.1.

Canon state that you should, I'm not sure what happens if you dont.

From what I've read the wi-fi has to be set up again after the update as it changes some of the settings.

I don't have the wi-fi card so have no experience of this.

@Ray-uk wrote:

For those that have the problem, did you remove the wi-fi card before you did the upgrade to 1.1.1.

Canon state that you should, I'm not sure what happens if you dont.

From what I've read the wi-fi has to be set up again after the update as it changes some of the settings.

I don't have the wi-fi card so have no experience of this.

Good observation.  That might be true for any update via USB cable.  Could be why some folks have had trouble doing it.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I have the same exact issue. I actually did have the wifi card removed when I updated the firmware but it still doesn't work. I wouldn't mind getting rid of the most recent firmware 1.1.1 in order to use the card... where do you ge the old firmware? Also, what does the new firmware offer that the old one doesn't?

You can still get version 1.1.0 here:

http://canoncanada.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/52874/~/firmware-notice%3A-eos-7d-mark-ii%3A...

But bear in mind that Canon recommends that you should not go back to an older version.

May be better to wait for the next update to Camera Connect app.

Ray, have you had the same issue and were not able to get it working either?

No, I don't even have the wif-fi card, don't really need it.

Andrejoh
Contributor
Hi, does anyone have information that Canon has recognized the issue with not being able to connect to the Camera Connect app using the W-E1, and that i fix is on it's way? If not, how do we contact Canon directly to report this error?
Thanks.

Either email or call Canon tech support. They have not acknowledged this as a known issue currently. Also one problem with the app is it's developed through a third party so I can't imagine the updates will be either as regular or have compatibly tested as well as it should.

Announcements