cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

70d - movie recording has been stopped automatically

LmharrisonTX
Apprentice

I just purchased a new Canon 70D...once I start recording, it records for a few seconds...small boxes appear on the upper right side of the display screen and then it shuts down and says "Movie recording has been stopped automatically"...is this due to a setting or something? I have been using a 7D for a number of years and this is a new issue for me...

54 REPLIES 54

HookedGraphics
Apprentice

I was having this problem as well.

My 70D would stop recording after a few seconds two times then it would seem to work till I powered down, then turn it back on and it would stop after a few seconds.

I chaeck my card which is a class 10 45mb/sec, then I notice the lock switch on the side of the card was ever so slightly moved off of the unlocked position. It wasnt locked but it also wasnt in the fully unlocked position.

I made sure it was in the unlocked position fully and have not had the video stop since.

Im sure this isnt the issue for everyone, but worth checking.

If your having the recording issue stopping after a few secionds I would take the card out and flip the switch to lock and then back to unlock and try again. As mentioned earlier, it may be a issue with the card not spinning up to speed initially and the switch partially flipped was making mine bind? or it was a ghost.....

RaphaelCaleb
Apprentice
Does the camera come back after all the struggle or it remains shut

This is an old thread but for anyone that might be coming back here I called Canon and a tech rep said to try using UHS-1 memory card and use the low level formatting so I will try that at some point.

hpmoraes
Contributor
e problem is the memory card. I had the same problem years ago. I bought the Samsung 64GB PRO SDXC Memory Card - Class 10 (MB-SG64D/AM). You can find it on amazon.

manoscoach
Apprentice

Hello,

I have the same issue. 

I shoot 10 videos in a RAW and suddenly I can't. 

After a few days I start shooting videos and and after a few it shows up this message.

What can I do?

Thank you!

Manos

Announcements