Canon Community Canon Community

VIP

Re: 70d is producing shots with prominent white streaks! Cleaned everything. Sensor issue!? Thoughts

It is sticking, not totally blocking.

A lot less stuff for 2018 but still a lot of Canon stuff. Along with, a lot of other stuff.
Occasional Contributor

Re: 70d is producing shots with prominent white streaks! Cleaned everything. Sensor issue!? Thoughts

I am having the same issue. Dropped 70D off this morining for estimate. 

I believe the same issue reported here with a sample picture: http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/EOS/70D-light-leak-issue/m-p/133663#M12227

Occasional Contributor

How much was the estimate?  And how old is your 70d?  It looks like there have been a rash of these issues, and I'm curious if the problem cameras are about the same age.

New Contributor

Have you found out the issue I too am having the same problemWhite Streaks 70D

Occasional Contributor

It was a sticky shutter blade. Camera was still under warranty, so it was a free fix. 

New Contributor

Thank you so much i'll get it checked out

New Contributor

Im currently having this issue!

I tried to clean the sensor and its still happening Smiley Sad

has anyone had to send this in for repairs?

Occasional Contributor

I had mine fixed at a local camera shop (Tempe Camera) for about $250 but that was over 2 years ago. They had it for about a week and replaced the shutter. I suspect the price probably has gone up. My camera is still going strong with the new shutter and I use it to shoot two or three games each week and a lot of fun stuff in between.  

New Contributor

I see this is a common thing with Canons.  Not happy at this moment that this is also happening with my 70D.  I've never had an issue with Canons before this.  

IMG_3239.JPG

Esteemed Contributor

I think its prpbably a failing shutter.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472