cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

70D BLACK SCREEN. HELP :(

joojoo
Apprentice

Hello everyone! I just wanted to ask what could be the problem with my Canon 70d? A few days earlier, while taking pictures, my camera's LCD screen had suddenly turned black. When pressing the buttons like the menu, info, playback etc, the screen can still show it. However, when you put it back to shooting mode, the screen is still black but you can see the grid (it looks like you have the lens cap on). So I tried to press the start/stop button or even turn it off and then on again to make it go back to normal. Sometimes it goes back to normal in just one press but other times, it doesn't. I'm not really good at explaining but feel free to ask me questions to make it more clear. I attached a picture below to give you all an idea on what it looks like.

PLEASE DO HELP ME! 😞

Thank you in advance to anyone who took their time to read and help me!

helpme.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Live view, correct?

Looks like a stuck shutter/mirror. It probably needs repair.

Hello! Thank you for replying! Yes, it was on live view mode. Thanks for the suggestion. I'm thinking of bringing it on a canon help center soon.

Ray-uk
Whiz

Does it work if you turn off live view and take a picture using the viewfinder ?

Hey! Thanks for replying. I actually had that in mind while the incident happened. However, I was at an important event and had to switch to a different camera to continue my work so I didn't had the chance to actually try it out. 4 days had already passed since the incident and I just checked my camera last night and it's back to normal. Though I can't be sure because it might happen again in the future.
Announcements