cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6d mode dial plate fell off

lightight
Contributor

The face plate on the mode dial of my 6d has fallen off. Best way to get a replacement? Will service center send a new one or will I need to send it in. Still under warranty.

Thanks,

David G

49 REPLIES 49

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Send it in. Don't mess with it.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thanks for the reply. I spoke with customer service and they told me I could get a new mode dial cap sent to me for $10 plus shipping. The only way for me to get it without cost would be for me to ship it to them for service and repair under warrenty. Of course shipping to Canon would probably cost at least that, so I will have to decide just what I want to do. 

Were you able to get a plate and reattach? I have the same issue and concerned with how to replace the entire dial, or just take the plate off new dial and attach to dial on camera. 

Seems like nobody at Canon customer service has an answer and tansfers me to the next department. 

Thanks!

Repeat....

Send it in. Don't mess with it.

EB

I did have a new mode dial plate sent to me and I was able to reattach it. I applied three very tiny drops of superglue to the underside of the plate and set it in place. I let it be for 24 hrs it seems as good (or better) than new. It was very easy to do - just take care with the glue. 

Thanks for the advice.

Guese I will use super glue to reattach it to avoid the agony of

using a camera without a mode dial plate.

In my case, I lost the plate after using the camera in a dinner on Feb 9.

Sending out sos and a friend in Singapore responded but could only

send me a new plate end of the month. Yesterday Feb 23, felt something inside

my shoe..took out the shoe and it was the plate that I had been looking for.

Raymond

Super glue is a bad idea. Canon uses double-sided tape for a reason.

EB

So it will fall off after a short while? No, but really, mine did not had double sideded tape. I could see the glue spots they used. I just used a different kind of glue that will hopefully hold better. Having said that, I would urge extreme care in how much glue you use. I just used an extremely small drop, didn't try to spread it. Just set the plate in place and left it alone for a day. Worked just fine.

david g

Any chance you glued your dial shut (luckily, it's glued on manual) but I can't turn the dial anymore after gluing the dial plate back on and I think I must have glued the center part as well. Any ideas on how I can get it turning again?

Announcements