cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6d display item

Pkoz
Apprentice
I am new to this so I am sorry for the probably stupid question...

When I take a picture, I believe in RAW, and view the result there is a small number% displayed in the center. What is it related to?

Thanks!;)
16 REPLIES 16

@lly3988 wrote:

What if somebody wants opinion about CF/SD cards ? Is it allowed ?

I saw someone quoting Photoshop or lightroom softwares in one's signature.

Does Canon own (brand names omitted) these SD/CF card manufacturers/companies or Adobe ? Or should we just stick to Canon brand memory cards (if there are any at all)  and DPP softwares etc.

Or may be just use a Canon brand television set to view the pics and videos taken with a Canon camera.

I guess it is okay to mention without discussing in details to promote ?

No sure if I am correct. Please enlighten me.

You can ask for opinions on SD cards.  Many people here use them.  They will be quick to tell you stick to the major brands, and do not use the micro-SD cards with adapters.

You can ask for opinions on Magic Lantern.  Robert is correct.  Very few people around here use it.  Even fewer discuss it.  It's a third party add-on.  Canon is not responsible for guaranteeing that it works.

People make similar complaints about third party strobes when they do not understand them.   Go find the third party web site or user group, and ask them about your strobes is my advice.  Consider yourself enlightened.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I think I know what I can post and what I am not supposed to discuss here in this forum.

My answer to the OP seemed to have offended some Canon defender here.

I just pointed out something that I have seen on the screen of  a camera with ML installed. I did not promote ML at all. Do not be sensitive and over-react to the two words.

I just point out a possibility and that is it. Pointing out a possibility isn't promoting something. Scan the lines and tell me what I have done wrong.

I agree that the MOD will judge and I believe in a fair manner.

There used to be some websites elsewhere with Cyberbullying. People pretend to be experts and tried to dominate opinions and scarce people away. When came across subjects that they do not know, they just shut you down or humiliate you.

This forum is, however, a useful place for inexperienced/experienced camera users to find answers and to share their experience. Please be kind, helpful and less offensive. We need an enviroment with politeness and manner. Not everybody knows everything. right ?

BTW, "Very few people around here use it.  Even fewer discuss it" doesn't mean pointing something about it is not advisable.

Finally, I consider myself not enlightened yet.

I don't see that anyone was offended they said:

"If you're having trouble with Magic Lantern, then you're pretty much on your own around here.  We don't use it, or discuss it."

You were right to point out that the number and percentage was an ML thing, but that is probably about as far as it should go. I see it like discussing jailbreaking iPhones on an Apple forum.

Yeah, you may be right. I will go through the lines and rephrase my post.

Thank you.

update : my latest post was scrubbed. hahaha

Unless a Mod steps in, we really don't know. Many times links have been scrubbed, but brands of SD cards (which Canon does not make) seem to be OK.

lly3988
Rising Star

I saw this in the Magic Lantern. The percentage figure is variable.

Pkoz
Apprentice
Ok, I will have to do some research on it. I know about the metering modes, but I did not know there was a percentage related somehow.
Thank you for steering me someplace where I can learn more!
Announcements