cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6D wifi connectivity with Samsung devices

BlindDeadMcJone
Apprentice

I'm trying to connect a 6D via wifi to both a Galaxy S5 and Galaxy Tab S. I am able to go through the wifi setup on the camera however the wifi network is not found by the device.  

The first time I tried I was able to find the network and connect briefly, then the mobile device disconnected and now the network cannot be found. This happens on both devices and I have tried with 2 different cameras. I have also tried manually adding the network on both devices. 

Has anyone experienced this 

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

To what "network" are you connecting your phone and camera?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

BlindDeadMcJone
Apprentice
I'm using the camera's built in WiFi function. I don't have a standalone network. I've also tried creating a WiFi hotspot from both devices and connecting the camera to that but no progress

Oh, I though you had said that you were connecting to a network. 

I believe the camera is looking for a wireless access point so that you can connect to your other wireless devices.  In other words, it is looking for a wireless LAN. 

I have never used the WiFi feature in the 6D, but with winter coming that was going to be on my bucket list of camera things to do during the winter months.....controlling the camera from my tablet.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

What application are you using on your Samsung Galaxy devices to look for the camera?

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

I´m using the old EOS remote app but thats not where the issue is. When you enable the WiFi function on the 6D it creates a WiFi network, and it when connecting to it you would do so as though you were joining any other WiFi network. This has to be done on the device before you open the app.

When I enable the WiFi function on the camera, no network is found on any device I´m trying to connect.

Announcements