cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6D remote photography question..

jgr0ss
Apprentice

I may have missed something but ... Is the only way to remotely see what you are photographing by using live view on the EOS Utility??? If it isn't tell me how to see my subject on the laptop screen before taking the photo.. I know I can use the live view screen but I haven't been able to make the remote flash work using live view screen.... hope that makes sense... 😉

2 REPLIES 2

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

If you use EOS Utility and pick the "Live View" shooting option, a new window should appear which displays the live view image.  

You can do remote shooting without live view -- but of course you wouldn't not be able to see the live view of what the camera is "seeing" unless you switch on live view mode.  If you're pre-composed the shot for your subject and just want to fire the shutter... live view mode is not required.

As you have a 6D, you can also use the Canon mobile app.  It also has the ability to do live view and remote triggering of the camera, but your phone becomes the remote controller so you don't need a computer.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Really then my problem is that the remote flash won't work on live mode....it will only work with the live mode off/closed. I want to be able to see what the camera sees so I can recompose etc and have the flash work...thanks again for your response... 😉
Announcements