cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6D, Video Stopped Recording Automaticly on 64gb Transcend Class 10 UHS-1

Lana_G
Contributor

I have a problem with recording video on my 6D camera with pretty fast and decent SDXC card. This one

What is most strange about that is that this error message is very inconsistent. One day I can write uncompressed 1080p 30fps for 30 minutes with no problems. But every now and then when I start video recording I almost immediately see the buffer bar going up, it allows me to record between 7 and 12 seconds before giving me the error message. When I start recording again right after it usually works fine and allows me to record as much as I want.

I wasn't able to recreate this problem, it just happens randomly. I tried reformatting my card with low-level format several times. Whenever I do, I can be sure I will record without any problems next few videos. But then after I fill the card with maybe 16-24gb of data it happens again. Or it won't.

I tried to use different settings, trying to start recording right after burst series of shooting RAW images, deleting videos I already shot without reformatting and shooting again, changing batteries and using half charged batteries. I wasn't able to recreate this error message, it works flawlessly. But then it will screw me in the most inconvinient time during a shooting session.

I wonder what's wrong. Is it a bad card? Is something wrong with my camera? Maybe I am doing something wrong?

10 REPLIES 10

I always performed low level format after every session (about 25gb of videos shot, so not a lot). Although, I did it via camera settings.

Announcements