cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6D Mark II announced

John_SD
Whiz

Looks like the rumors matched up pretty well with the announcement today by Canon. I will seriously consider this camera, though I may wait for its already reasonable price of $1999 to drop some before making my purchase. For someone like me, who finds moving to full frame enticing, this camera will likely be it for me. 

And no, I couldn't care less that it is lacking 4K capture. I don't care about video in the slightest. 

https://techcrunch.com/2017/06/29/canons-new-6d-mark-ii-looks-like-a-great-update-for-its-entry-full...

21 REPLIES 21

@ebiggs1 wrote:

I just looked at the specs.  I didn't care for the 6D and I don't think I will like the 6D Mk II much more.  It is a FF 80D from what I can tell.  What's with only one SD slot Canon? It remains an entry level camera.

Yeah, well, you have to start somewhere. I don't plan to buy a 6D2 either; I guess I'll try to save up for a 5D4. But if I were just starting out and planned to go FF later, I'd buy the 6D2 over the 80D. The focal lengths of the EF lenses I'd eventually need are a better match for the 6D.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

@RobertTheFat wrote:

@ebiggs1 wrote:

I just looked at the specs.  I didn't care for the 6D and I don't think I will like the 6D Mk II much more.  It is a FF 80D from what I can tell.  What's with only one SD slot Canon? It remains an entry level camera.

Yeah, well, you have to start somewhere. I don't plan to buy a 6D2 either; I guess I'll try to save up for a 5D4. But if I were just starting out and planned to go FF later, I'd buy the 6D2 over the 80D. The focal lengths of the EF lenses I'd eventually need are a better match for the 6D.

I'm in the camp of those who are planning to move to full frame. I must confess that I don't quite get the comparisons of the 6D2 to the 80D. I think a more realistic comparison might be the 6D2 to the D750, or any other entry level full-frame camera.

Don't get me wrong, I am sure that the 80D is an excellent crop-sensor camera. But I already have a crop-sensor camera and want to move beyond its limitations. 

Announcements