Canon Community Canon Community

Honored Contributor

Re: 60D

joescastle1 wrote:
I am assuming that the SD cards that she currently has will work for the 80D? I was reading the features and did some research on SD cards and was wondering if these SD cards will work best for video and photos, or are there better ones out there? See link below..

http://shop.sandisk.com/store/sdiskus/en_US/list/parentCategoryID.11442500/categoryID.70928500

That line of cards are UHS1, which is want you want for Canon DSLRs.  Don’t go for the super high capacity cards.  I would use 32GB and 64GB cards.  If you want to shoot video, I would use a 64GB or 128GB card, dedicated to shooting video.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Frequent Contributor

The cards you have will work. Scandisk makes an extreme pro model that is faster. However, if you are not shooting sports or birds it won’t make a big difference. Scandisk has a card finder that will allow you to match card with different cameras to find the best fit.
Frequent Contributor

Occasional Contributor

Thank you again Waddizzle and secondlevel.. She both 32 and 64 gb SanDisk cards of the ones I showed you in the link above. I will get her the 128gb for video... 👊👊🍻
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor