cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5d mark iii won;t connect to computer

Janeyjo
Apprentice

Hi have just purcheased a 5d mark iii and have installed the EOS utilities folder on my Mac but when i connect camera to computer a message comes up "Alert ! cannot be used with this Operating system ) "

I am on Sierra OS  . Can anyone help me with this please ? 

3 REPLIES 3

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

The message says it all. You can't use EOSU with that Mac OS. That is a Mac problem, not a Canon one.  Check and see if Canon has updated the utility since the older 5D Mk III was released..

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

EOS Utility works fine with Sierra... just make sure you visit the support page and download the appropriate version.

I use a Mac and have had no trouble using the 5D III (or 5D IV) with any of the OS versions.

Visit this page:  https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/dslr/eos-5d-mark-iii?tab=d...

In the “Drivers & Downloads” section make sure you select “Software”

Make sure you set the OS version to “macOS Sierra v10.12”

That will update the page to show all the available downloads.  The latest version of EOS Utility (you’ll see a few) is v3.7.0.

You probably want to grab the latest version of EOS Utility and the latest version of Digital Photo Professional.   Drag any older versions from your Mac’s “Applications” folder to the trash.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Tim
Authority

Hello Janeyjo,

With regards to the EOS 5D Mark III's connection to your Mac, you will want to be running EOS Utility 3.7.0.  This can be downloaded for Sierra from the main Download Library, here.  Once downloaded and installed your EOS 5D Mark III shouldn't encounter an error when connecting to Windows. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements