Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor
Accepted Solution

5d Mark III main dial issue

I have a less than year old 5 D Mark III. The main dial becomes unresponsive several times. When this happens, I cannot change any of the camera settings using the main dial. The dial turns but nothing... also a little portrait symbol shows at the top/middle. This happens in both manual and aperture mode. I have to reset the camera settings using menu to get it to respond... I emailed canon... their response, removing/changing internal battery does not work. It has nothing to do with buffer because it normally happens after a break from shooting.. can anyone help?
Honored Contributor

Re: 5d Mark III main dial issue

I get the feeling that you are not in the US.  If the camera is less than a year old, it should be under warranty.  Contact Canon.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
New Contributor

Just to make sure, you didn't set the main dial to lock in the custom settings did you?
New Contributor

i unchecked it and will test it soon.