cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5DSR in LiveView 16x magnification, question.

Cunha
Rising Star

Hi,

5DSR users.

I use manual only lenses from Canon and Zeiss with my Canon camera. Manual focus is sometimes an hard task with the Canon MP-E 65mm super macro or the Zeiss Planar 85mm. I was considering a loupe, like a Zacuto Z-finder; for critical focus.

My current camera is the 5D Mark III but I´m considering an upgrade to the 5DSR.

Will this 5DSR unique feature in LiveView; the 16x magnification; avoid the purchase of a loupe?

Thank you very much for all the help.

Regards.

37 REPLIES 37

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Yes. It seems, well silly to use a loupe on a digital display. All you will do is show the pixels.

Thanks for your opinion.

Are you a 5DSR user?

No. But the same thing applies to most live view shooting.

There´s a lot of Pro DSRL users with manual lenses and a loupe.

The 5DSR is unique with that 16x magnification.

I really like to receive 5DSR users feedback.

Thanks anyway.

diverhank
Authority

Is the 10x magnification on your 5DIII liveview not enough?

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

Sometimes no.

@Cunha wrote:

Sometimes no.

If you can't focus with a 10x magnification, I'd doubt you can do it at 16x...just saying...

Thanks for your opinion.

Are you a 5DSR user?

I´m looking for users experience with 10x, 16x and loupe.

I only have used the 10x feature. Its nice but I´ve reports form Pro users with a loupe with really good focusing experiences. Good Loupes are expensive. Maybe I can avoid one with the new camera with an even better magnification .-)

@Cunha wrote:

Thanks for your opinion.

Are you a 5DSR user?

I´m looking for users experience with 10x, 16x and loupe.

I only have used the 10x feature. Its nice but I´ve reports form Pro users with a loupe with really good focusing experiences. Good Loupes are expensive. Maybe I can avoid one with the new camera with an even better magnification .-)

No. I'm a 5DIII user and I have never had any problem focusing (manual and otherwise).  I use the 10X feature to aid in focusing all the time to great effect.

The idea of using a loupe to focus is silly...A loop will double the image at best.  it might be better than not having one, but since you can magnify it on the 5DIII 2x, 5x, 10x...it escapes me why you think a loupe is even necessary and is better? I'd like to hear the rational behind the Pro that's been advising you...maybe I'll learn something new...

I can think of many reasons to get a 5DSR but the 16X is not the primary reason to upgrade from a 5DIII...just saying...

Announcements