cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5D mark IV issues

Waqarshah
Apprentice

Hello everyone,

I bought my 5D markIV few weeks ago. It worked fine for few days and then I started having issues with functionality. 

• I cant see complete menu options. It is not even showing me reset option so I can reset it. 
  • I cant see gallery pictures in any other modes except Auto. I don't know if that is how it is in this camera but it is such a pain to switch modes just to go in gallery.
  • Can't see live mode in auto mode.

If anyone has seen these problems please let me know. I have updated firmware but didnt make any difference . 

Thank you 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I don’t have that camera, but I know from other cameras that in Auto mode many menu options and features are disabled. Switch to P mode and see what happens. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@Waqarshah wrote:

Hello everyone,

I bought my 5D markIV few weeks ago. It worked fine for few days and then I started having issues with functionality. 

• I cant see complete menu options. It is not even showing me reset option so I can reset it. 
  • I cant see gallery pictures in any other modes except Auto. I don't know if that is how it is in this camera but it is such a pain to switch modes just to go in gallery.

If anyone has seen these problems please let me know. I have updated firmware but didnt make any difference . 

Thank you 

To see the full menu options the camera has to be set to P/Tv/Av/M.

If the camera is set to the Green Square you wont see the full menu.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I don’t have that camera, but I know from other cameras that in Auto mode many menu options and features are disabled. Switch to P mode and see what happens. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

" It is not even showing me reset option so I can reset it."

You looked under the Tols tab?  It is Clear all settings.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@Waqarshah wrote:

Hello everyone,

Thank you 

To see the full menu options the camera has to be set to P/Tv/Av/M.

If the camera is set to the Green Square you wont see the full menu.

Waqarshah
Apprentice

Thank you guys it really helped. I did try changing mode before for full menu but this time it was miricle and changing the mode other then Auto did show complete menu. Alot of things are still kind of confusing to me but I am still learning this new toy.

Thank you all for your help. good Day

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Lots of you tube videos on the camera.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements