cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5D Mk3 issues on writing to memory card

TX72BC
Contributor

Hi!

I recently got into some problems with my 5D Mk3 - when I take a photo, it DOES NOT STOP writing to the memory cards. These memory cards are Lexar SDXC1 / 10, and they were working before. I even tried other memory cards that work in my other cameras and they work fine there, but not on my 5D. Now my red light at the back is just on after a shot, and my status in the viewer is "busy" and the photo remaining counter is left blinking. And it doesnt stop, so I can't take another photo.

I thought it was a firmware issue, so I upgraded to the latest firmware but still not working.

Anyone encounter the same issue? Any ways you have resolved these?

Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11

TX72BC
Contributor

Well, things are turning for the worse..

After resetting everything, including the auto lighitng optimizer, it works for a couple of shots and video... a couple...

and now, it hangs, like AlexKoo's above... and now when I press the menu it wouldn't show, then I press the quick menu button (Q), sometime nothing shows up.... it has become even more problematic...

so is this the processor then? I've had mine for sometime (got it immediately when the Mk3 was released) so I guess I am passed the warranty... how much will this work be? It might be just better selling this off for parts and expanding my mirrorless equipment....

@TX72BC wrote:

Well, things are turning for the worse..

After resetting everything, including the auto lighitng optimizer, it works for a couple of shots and video... a couple...

and now, it hangs, like AlexKoo's above... and now when I press the menu it wouldn't show, then I press the quick menu button (Q), sometime nothing shows up.... it has become even more problematic...

so is this the processor then? I've had mine for sometime (got it immediately when the Mk3 was released) so I guess I am passed the warranty... how much will this work be? It might be just better selling this off for parts and expanding my mirrorless equipment....

A 5D3 is hardly a DIY device, so I wouldn't expect it to be worth much as a parts donor. But I'd certainly think it would be worth more on the used market than its repair cost. So I think I'd be inclined to go that route if I didn't want to have it repaired and keep using it.

Some original 5D3's had a problem with a light leak, and I think there may have even been a recall. If that recall is still in effect and your camera qualifies, it could conceivably be beneficial costwise to combine that with the currently needed repair. Worth looking into anyway.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements