cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5D Mark IV focus points

BillyHoward
Apprentice

All of the sudden a second focus point has become activated in my viewfinder. When I choose a focal point to activate, this second one stays on and is static while I move the other one around. Only one is focusing but the other looks active and it makes it confusing to know which is actually the focal point. That probably sounds confusing, but does anyone have a similar experience?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@groomsphoto wrote:

not ready to do that yet. i have a lot of time invested in my menus and setup.

If your settings are that complex, it's worth your time to make a written record of them anyway, because sooner or later you're going to need it. (For example, if you send the camera to Canon for inspection or repair, it will come back reset.) Once you have that record, doing a reset will be less of a big deal.

BTW, Canon, I believe I've mentioned this before: It would be extremely useful if you would program the EOS Utility to have an upload/download capability to allow the full state of the camera to be captured and restored. How about making that feature a Christmas present to the user community? (After fixing the efficiency problems in DPP4, of course. We wouldn't want you to take your eye off of that ball.)

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

ScottyP
Authority

Is it always the same one that is stuck?

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

Yes, it's the top row, third from left. And now I'm noticing three rows of focus points are blinking.

They take photos of animals = Fer tographers idk lol.

groomsphoto
Apprentice

i am having the same issue but bottom leftmost point

@groomsphoto wrote:

i am having the same issue but bottom leftmost point

Try to do a camera reset back to factory defaults, which can be found in the manus.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@groomsphoto wrote:

If your settings are that complex, it's worth your time to make a written record of them anyway, because sooner or later you're going to need it. (For example, if you send the camera to Canon for inspection or repair, it will come back reset.) Once you have that record, doing a reset will be less of a big deal.

BTW, Canon, I believe I've mentioned this before: It would be extremely useful if you would program the EOS Utility to have an upload/download capability to allow the full state of the camera to be captured and restored. How about making that feature a Christmas present to the user community? (After fixing the efficiency problems in DPP4, of course. We wouldn't want you to take your eye off of that ball.)

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Do you mean the menu item that says clear all camera settings? 

That worked! Thank you!

Announcements