cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5D Mark III copyright information

msrtex
Apprentice

5D Mark III copyright information shows up in the metadata but the copyright notice needs to be turned on manually in photoshop for each file. Is there anyway to turn it on with the automatic copyright within the camera?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@msrtex wrote:

5D Mark III copyright information shows up in the metadata but the copyright notice needs to be turned on manually in photoshop for each file. Is there anyway to turn it on with the automatic copyright within the camera?

I assume that the manual step you mention consists of copying the copyright notice from Canon's vendor-specific metadata to the corresponding IPTC field. The camera is ignorant of IPTC conventions; so if there's a way to perform the step automatically, I think it would have to be a setting in Photoshop.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

View solution in original post

Correct, I have written a Photoshop script but was hoping it could be done with the copyright.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@msrtex wrote:

I assume that the manual step you mention consists of copying the copyright notice from Canon's vendor-specific metadata to the corresponding IPTC field. The camera is ignorant of IPTC conventions; so if there's a way to perform the step automatically, I think it would have to be a setting in Photoshop.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Correct, I have written a Photoshop script but was hoping it could be done with the copyright.
Announcements