cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5D MKii Error CF

Kayla1
Contributor

So what originally happened was I borrowed a card reader to load images that I later found out was corrupt. I didn't find out until I used the memory card back into my camera - busy, error CF, please format card. Go to format, says cannot format, change card. Ok. Change card (I have 5 Lexar's). Same thing. And again for all 5 of my cards now! Cards work on my old 40D which I had on me at my shoot this happened at. I was told to try and format the cards on my laptop.. I own a mac so I erased the partition under MS-DOS (FAT) on one of them and while the card seems fine on the computer, it's still the same error back in camera. Then I tried to format the rest of them, all but one would not read, the one that did (32gb udma7 bought this year) had an error saying the disk inserted was not readable by this computer, I clicked on Initialize and it brought me to disk utility where it said the name was Generic Compact Flash and capacity was 155gb?! Tried to erase partition, after a while it came back to say disk erase failed, unable to write to last block of device. There are no bent or missing pins in camera or my own card reader (not the corrupt one that originally started all of this) - everything was working perfectly fine before I used this card reader.. Is this an issue internally with the body? How could this be fixed? 

21 REPLIES 21

Kayla1
Contributor
I hope they are too. Thanks

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

You can try, what do you have to lose, a pair of Precision Tweezers or Hair Removal Tweezers to try and straighten the pin(s). If you are successful put the CF card in carefully and don't remove it again.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements