cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1dx / Windows 10 wired LAN pairing problems

Greg_Veit
Contributor

Since I updated to Windows 10 I can't my WFT LAN pairing to work with my 1Dx.

There is no error code to report. After reaching the pairing stage in the Connection Wizard the camera just keeps trying to connect but never does. 

I tried using manual settings but quickly realised I have no idea what I'm doing. 

I'm thinking that maybe some of the Windows functionality needed to achieve the pairing needs to be turned on manually - I know that the FTP server components are not installed by default. 

Obviously this is a major disaster as I love using this technology and it was one of the major selling points of the camera for me. 

Any help greatly appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OK, so it works 100% now. I was satisfied that it was stable enough to use EOS Utility with a client today and it didn't let me down. High speed LAN transfer all the way. 

Here are the settings I changed to get the camera to connect:

- In Network and Internet / Network and Sharing Center / Advanced Sharing Settings in Current Profile / Private I turned on Network Discovery and Automatic Setup of Connected Devices 

- In Windows FIrewall I turned on permissions for  EOS Utility 3 and Canon EOS UPNP Detector in bot the private and pubic profiles.

This took quite a bit of trial and error but I'm glad to have the system working.

To the Canon CPS guy who kept going on about FTP mode and how I should contact Mictosoft (and will soon be googling this page every day as people update to Win10): you're welcome. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

http://wind8apps.com/ftp-server-windows-8-1-windows-10/

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&ved=0CDkQFjAEahUKEwi5k4bIt-_HAhUFrD4K...

Maybe these will help.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks. 

I have been trying to set up the pairing (in EOS utility mode) according to the manual but nothing happens. I also tried setting up an FTP, but sadly that does nothing - never makes a connection. When I look at the Windows network settings, the page just says 'unidetified connection'. 

You can call or email Canon directly. I have always received prompt helpful responses.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Right. 

I forgot I have access to a CPS rep.

It's been a while since I had any issues.

Thanks. 

Unfortunately Canon did not fix the issue. They think it is a problem for Microsoft. I'm pretty sure I know what Microsoft will say. 

I might still be able to take the camera back. 

Are you running the 32-bit OS on a 64-bit CPU? A number of tablets are set up that way, which is not a good scenario for device drivers that interact directly with hardware. Problems can sometimes creep into the picture when 32-bit device drivers are loaded, which match the OS, but do not match the CPU. Try a windows update, or two, or three over the course of a couple of weeks.
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

If I am right about the 32/64 bit mismatch, then problem resides with the hardware manufacturer and the CPU that they included in your device.
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

OK, so it works 100% now. I was satisfied that it was stable enough to use EOS Utility with a client today and it didn't let me down. High speed LAN transfer all the way. 

Here are the settings I changed to get the camera to connect:

- In Network and Internet / Network and Sharing Center / Advanced Sharing Settings in Current Profile / Private I turned on Network Discovery and Automatic Setup of Connected Devices 

- In Windows FIrewall I turned on permissions for  EOS Utility 3 and Canon EOS UPNP Detector in bot the private and pubic profiles.

This took quite a bit of trial and error but I'm glad to have the system working.

To the Canon CPS guy who kept going on about FTP mode and how I should contact Mictosoft (and will soon be googling this page every day as people update to Win10): you're welcome. 

Announcements