cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1DX Mk II firmware 1.1.6

buffalobreath
Contributor

I'm still running version 1.0.0.  Has anyone uploaded the new firmware?  From the details provided, it's improvements appear limited while the drawbacks appear constricting:

Fixes a phenomenon in which the camera may not function normally when images are simultaneously displayed
on the camera’s LCD monitor and an external monitor (via HDMI output).

1. Once the EOS-1D X Mark II is updated to Version 1.1.2 (or later), it cannot be restored to a previous firmware
version (Version 1.0.0 to 1.0.2).

2. Camera settings files created using a camera running Firmware Version 1.0.2 (or earlier) cannot be used on a
camera running Firmware Version 1.1.2 (or later).

3. Please use the latest EOS Utility version with the EOS-1D X Mark II after the camera has been updated to
Firmware Version 1.1.2 (or later). The latest version of EOS Utility can be downloaded from Canon’s Web site.
EOS Utility Version 3.5.00 or later support cameras running Firmware Version 1.1.2 (or later)

4. Accompanying functional improvements of Firmware Version 1.1.2 (or later), the instructional manual has
been revised. The latest version of the instruction manual can be downloaded from Canon’s Web site, so please
download the instruction manual together with the new firmware.

5. When using Version 4.7.10 (or earlier) of Digital Photo Professional to edit JPEG/RAW images captured with a
camera updated to Firmware Version 1.1.4 (or later), some of the Exif data may be deleted. In addition,
chromatic aberration correction, peripheral illumination correction, distortion correction, and Digital Lens
Optimizer cannot be used when processing RAW images captured using a TS-E lens (TS-E17mm F4L, TSE24mm
F3.5L II, TS-E50mm F2.8L Macro, TS-E90mm F2.8L Macro, or TS-E135mm F4L Macro). Please be
sure to update Digital Photo Professional to Version 4.7.20 (or later) before performing image processing.

Opinions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I read the manual in depth and it appears AF microadjustment IS saved as one of the settings.  So you can keep those settings safe on a card.

I put mine in a spreadsheet for future reference in case I need to re-enter the values.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Has anyone noticed an improvement in the pictures taken by the camera after the update?  I'm of the old addage, "If it aint broke, don't fix it."

@buffalobreathwrote:

Has anyone noticed an improvement in the pictures taken by the camera after the update?  I'm of the old addage, "If it aint broke, don't fix it."

We're in no position to assure you that it ain't broke. You have to decide for yourself whether updating or not updating is the less risky course of action.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

I didn't mean to imply anything was "broken," just if anyone noticed improvements in photo quality such as image sharpness.

Mike

South Dakota

Announcements