cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi card rebel xti

charlie22
Apprentice

wifi cards exist, to fit a CF type, apparently must use CF adapter for a smaller card. Here is one that will hold various SD cards.

[link removed per forum guidelines]

questions: 

Will this work with the rebel xti?

Will some types of SD card not work with the camera?

tyvm in advance for any help

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Smaller cards with adapters are usually a bad idea. If you really need WiFi on an XIi, get a full-sized WiFi card and use that instead. There used to be one; I think it was called the "Eye-Fi" card. I'm not sure they still make them, but you might find one on the used market.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

View solution in original post

There are a number of CF/SD card adapters on the market. As is true for many off-brand products it is possible that they are all made by the same manufacturer.

Eye-fi is now out of business. Toshiba makes SD wifi cards.

I don't think your camera is Eye-fi enabled, which means if you want to be uploading you need to keep the camera poered on until uploading stops. If you forget to switch camera never sleeps until battery drains. (An Eye-Fi enabled camera keeps power on until uploading stops and then switches back to whatever power off setting you have.)

If you want to go this route be sure you buy items that have a return in case it doesn't work.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Charlie22,

Thanks for posting.

While some of our newer memory cards support "Eye-Fi" memory cards, for wireless image transfer, no such support is available on this camera model.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

3 REPLIES 3

Smaller cards with adapters are usually a bad idea. If you really need WiFi on an XIi, get a full-sized WiFi card and use that instead. There used to be one; I think it was called the "Eye-Fi" card. I'm not sure they still make them, but you might find one on the used market.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

There are a number of CF/SD card adapters on the market. As is true for many off-brand products it is possible that they are all made by the same manufacturer.

Eye-fi is now out of business. Toshiba makes SD wifi cards.

I don't think your camera is Eye-fi enabled, which means if you want to be uploading you need to keep the camera poered on until uploading stops. If you forget to switch camera never sleeps until battery drains. (An Eye-Fi enabled camera keeps power on until uploading stops and then switches back to whatever power off setting you have.)

If you want to go this route be sure you buy items that have a return in case it doesn't work.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Charlie22,

Thanks for posting.

While some of our newer memory cards support "Eye-Fi" memory cards, for wireless image transfer, no such support is available on this camera model.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements