cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wide angle lens and panorama

KnitKnack
Contributor

my question is do I use panorama mode withthe wide angle lens? please forgive me I am new and excited:)

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@KnitKnack wrote:

my question is do I use panorama mode with the wide angle lens? please forgive me I am new and excited:)

It doesn't sound like a good idea. Any wide-angle distortion that you get near the edge of the frame could wreak havoc on your ability to match up the constituent images of the panorama.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

View solution in original post

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"my question is do I use panorama mode withthe wide angle lens? please forgive me I am new and excited"

You might want to reconsider that "solved solution".  Here is a pano shot with a 16mm lens and assembled in LR.

_DX_3172-Pano.jpg

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Just for grins and giggles here is what the 16mm lens saw by itself.  The pano was 7 shots, BTW.

_DX_3180.jpg

EB

KnitKnack
Contributor
That's nice. there's a vibrant green in the landscape.

12 REPLIES 12

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@KnitKnack wrote:

my question is do I use panorama mode withthe wide angle lens? please forgive me I am new and excited:)

Generally, I would say no, you do not want to use a wide angle lens for a panoramic shot.  In fact, the Canon application Photostitch does not let you use a lens shorter than 50mm, by default.

I like to use my 70-200mm to shoot landscape panoramas.  But, I roll the camaraderie/lens to portrait mode to do so, and overlap the successive shots by 1/3.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

But, I roll the camaraderie/lens to portrait mode to do so

Wow a "camaraderie lens", now there's one I haven't got Smiley LOL

@Ray-uk wrote:

@Waddizzle wrote:

But, I roll the camaraderie/lens to portrait mode to do so

Wow a "camaraderie lens", now there's one I haven't got Smiley LOL

LOL.  Spell check seems to have a sense of humor.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

KnitKnack
Contributor
thanks so much!

@KnitKnack wrote:

my question is do I use panorama mode with the wide angle lens? please forgive me I am new and excited:)

It doesn't sound like a good idea. Any wide-angle distortion that you get near the edge of the frame could wreak havoc on your ability to match up the constituent images of the panorama.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

KnitKnack
Contributor
very nice. Thank You

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"my question is do I use panorama mode withthe wide angle lens? please forgive me I am new and excited"

You might want to reconsider that "solved solution".  Here is a pano shot with a 16mm lens and assembled in LR.

_DX_3172-Pano.jpg

EB

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Just for grins and giggles here is what the 16mm lens saw by itself.  The pano was 7 shots, BTW.

_DX_3180.jpg

EB

KnitKnack
Contributor
nice
Announcements