cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trying to upload images from my Canon EOS Rebel XT to my windows version 7 64 bit computer.

eschwinn17
Apprentice

19 REPLIES 19

I have followed your instructions but am still not able to upload my pictures from my camera

Try just the CF card in a card reader.   Make sure the CF card has been formated by the XTi.

Not by any computer." Smiley Frustrated

A card reader will work on any computer.  You will use it like a disk drive on your computer with Windows Explorer.  You computer probably already has one built in. 

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thanks 

I have lost the disc (if any) and the uers manuel for my Cannon EOS Rebel XT.  I took some photo by I am unable to upload them to my new computer.  The computer recognizes the device and will bring up my library, but will not uplaod the new picture I took.  Do I need to purchase some kind of disc?  On my old computer, when I connected the USB cord, A pop up would automatically appear asking if I wanted to upload pictures.  That pop up does not appear at all on this computer.  The pictures are in the camera.  The compuer is a dell using Exporer 7.  Pleae help.

Thanks!

Laney Rollins

Have you tried a card reader?

I have made the changes in the camera - setting communitcations to t "Print/PTP" . I still cannot connect the camera.

In Zoom Browser, Acquire & Connect to Camera, the Errow window comes up and says "[Camera Window] is not compatable with connected camera".

What's next.

Get a card reader, if your computer/monitor does not already have one.

"Get a card reader, ..."

This really is the answer.  It will solve all you folks issues.

Get a card reader! Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Alright, necroing!

Seriously though, I had an issue with my Rebel XT so that I could open it's DCIM folder but there were no photos (working on Windows 10 x64). Bring it up in File Explorer, right click on the camera in the drop box underneath This PC or whatever and select import photos and videos. I understand this is the best case scenario for a problem, but hopefully this helps someone.

Cheers!

Mr_Fusion
Enthusiast

I used Win 7, 8.0, and 8.1, all 64s,  with no problem on my Rebel XT. I always use My Computer.

I suggest you try another USB cable, or a card reader. I wouldn't waste my time looking for another computer to test it on.

Also I would see if you can view the pictures on the camera. That will tell you if the card is reading and writing.

You can also d/l a manual and programs from Canon Support.

One thing to remember, the XT is an older camera. The Rebel line isn't environmentally sealed. It is very possible that there is some corrosion setting in on your camera. I retired my XT because the display wasn't displaying right. It still took great photos, but not if I couldn't read the settings.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements