cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

t4i screen display

chief
Rising Star

When shooting moon and or stars at night when first starting out scrreen will go dark when I am using eye piece as it should when eye sensor is on but screen will not turn back on when i move back from eye piece or if I press shutter half way.If I then take a piocture image will not appear for the 4 seconds I have enabled or screen will not turn back on.If I disable the eye sensor screen will stay on I then take picture and it appears for the 4 seconds as it should and then screen goes back for another shot.When I bring camera back inside screen still will not work properly until a few hours later when it is daytime.Does eye sensor have a lag time to work again becasuse of darkness so does it take a while to go back to normal?also when in total darkness does the eye sensor assume  you are looking through eyepiece all the time and sense something close to sensor when in fact it is dark everywhere?After a couple of hours when in full daylight everything goes back to normal.This is driving me crazy.

12 REPLIES 12

this still has not answered my question,does the eye sensor work at night or not?

chief, I don't own a T4i so I'm not sure what the expected behavior is supposed to be.

But I'm wondering... if you press the "Info", or "Menu", or image-review buttons  will the display light up as expected?

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

yes

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements