cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

t3i problem... help please!

blinnqb
Apprentice

So my t3i has been acting very strange. The camera will only function with the sd card door open, and it works perfect when in this state, but if I close the sd card doot. the camera basically shuts off and nothing happens. I'm thinking maybe its one of the microswitches, but why would it work if the card door is open? Thanks for your help!

5 REPLIES 5

blinnqb
Apprentice
Bump

Hi blinnqb!

Thanks for your post. This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. We do hope someone is able to assist! If this is a time-sensitive matter, of if you are looking to get support from Canon, please reach out to our US-based technical support team via Email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks and have a great day!

blinnqb
Apprentice
In other words, when the card door is open the camera thinks it is closed and functions properly. And when it is closed the camera shuts off. Has anyone had similar issues? And can anyone help me out with fixing it so I don't have to send it in? Cheers!

@blinnqb wrote:
In other words, when the card door is open the camera thinks it is closed and functions properly. And when it is closed the camera shuts off. Has anyone had similar issues? And can anyone help me out with fixing it so I don't have to send it in? Cheers!

Let Canon take a look at it.  Yours is an outlier, a rather type of failure.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Hi Blinnqb,

Thank you for posting.

Based on your description, your camera will require repair to resolve this issue.  You may set up the repair of your camera at this site: https://www.usa.canon.com/repair.

Once on our site, click on "Request Product Repair". On the next page, you may create an account or log into your existing account. These options make it easier to request the repair of more than one product. You may also choose the "Continue" button to "Continue without an Account".

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements