cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem loading photos to win 8

jhi3600
Apprentice

I just purchased a new laptop (Lenovo) with Win 8 and I can't seem to load photos.  When I turn the camera on the laptop beeps once and nothing else happens.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

Naomi
Enthusiast

Hi jhi3600!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know which Canon camera you own. That way, our Canon Forum members and our Subject Matter Experts will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your model.

Thanks!

Sorry.

EOS Rebel XT 350D 

Spoiler

Hi Jhi3600,

The EOS Rebel XT can't communicate with Canon software on windows 8 (actually, Windows Vista or beyond).

The easiest way to transfer images directly from the camera is to change the Communication mode to Print/ PTP, as shown on page 121 of your EOS Rebel XT Manual.

In this mode, you may transfer images to your computer using the Windows Photo Gallery.  If you haven't already done so, you may retrieve this from Microsoft's download.live.com.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

markwilliams279
Contributor

You can try in other way. Connect the memory card of the camera with laptop to transfer your photos. Use a card reader to connect memory card to your laptop. In this way you can easily transfer your photos from camera to laptop.

Announcements