Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

download pictures

Elliott
Contributor

Bought my Digital rebel 2004- love it

Bought my new laptop - windows 8

I can't download my pictures. I read on the forum  that I can go to my menu button on my rebel  and go torint/PTP- wil this work for me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks-- I just ordered one-

Appreciate all the help.

Elliott

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

cicopo
Elite

The simplist way to get around these problems is to buy & use a card reader. They aren't expensive & allow you to download to just about any computer with a USB port.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

will any card reader work -- is one better than the other?

what about changing on my camera to PTP ( whatever that is-- ass-u-me it's an easy change) then it's done one time and forever without having " another " piece to deal with.

Ell

Give it a shot and see if it works...  but doesn't your laptop have an SD card reader on it?  I find that to be easier than pulling out a cord and my camera.

And yes, any ole card reader should work, but if your laptop has USB 3.0, just make sure you get a 3.0 card reader.

to be honest.... I took a quick look at my laptop and the slot for a memory card looked smaller that the card I use on my camera-- I'll have to double check when I get home from work.  ( canon uses a " larger " memory card than my wifes HP quick shot ... the slot looks like it would fit that one  )

thanks for the input

ell

What laptop is it?

A Dell- - pretty standard model - upgraded processor

Sorry, you're right, the 300D had CF. 

OP:  You'll need a card reader to read directly from the laptop.  Try the PTP first before buying a reader though.

I won't be screwing up my camera by changing that  right?  ( can u tell I'm not a computer kinda guy  ? )

ell

Yes, it won't screw anything up, that's why Canon put it in there.  It stands for Picture Transfer Protocol, and was made to allow cameras and computers to talk to each other without additional drivers.  However, it's going to be slow, looks like it's USB 1.0.  I'd consider getting a card reader.  Here's a bunch for around $15:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=CF+card+reader+3.0&rh...

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements