cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon t3i flash problems

jasonmorriss
Apprentice

i have a canon rebel t3i. the flash will not pop up under any of the manual settings. we are not getting the general error-05, there just seems to be no response to the flash button. ideas?

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@jasonmorriss wrote:

i have a canon rebel t3i. the flash will not pop up under any of the manual settings. we are not getting the general error-05, there just seems to be no response to the flash button. ideas?

Are saying that the flash pops up and works properly in basic camea modes, just not for any of hhe creative modes?  And, that

the little button which makes the flash pop up doesn't work, at all?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

jasonmorriss
Apprentice
No... button doesn't work at all. We can't get the flash to pop up at all. In any mode.

@jasonmorriss wrote:
No... button doesn't work at all. We can't get the flash to pop up at all. In any mode.

Make sure that your flash is actually enabled in the menus.  You should try to contact Canon Support, if it is still not working.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

The linkage is dirty.  You can try to help, pry, it up when you push the flash button.  Then you can clean the linkage with alcohol and a q-tip.  If you are not successful in 'helping' it up, you will need Canon service.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements