cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon lens

bgant4
Apprentice

I HAVE AN EOS REBEL T3I WITH AN IMAGE STABILIZER  18 --55 LENS.

I ALSO HAVE A CANON EFS55-250 IMAGE STABILIZER LENS

WILL THEY FIT THE CANON EOS REBEL T5I

7 REPLIES 7

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@bgant4 wrote:

I HAVE AN EOS REBEL T3I WITH AN IMAGE STABILIZER  18 --55 LENS.

I ALSO HAVE A CANON EFS55-250 IMAGE STABILIZER LENS

WILL THEY FIT THE CANON EOS REBEL T5I

Yes, the lenses will fit nicely.  Both camera bodies are from the Canon “Rebel” series, so they are very cross compatible when it comes to lenses.  You can use any Canon “EF” or “EF-S” lens with either camera body.

If you have a T3i, and are considering the T5i, then be aware that the T5i is more of a replacement for broken T3i, than an upgrade over a working T3i.  There is not all that much of a performance difference between the two camera bodies.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A T5 AND A T5I

@bgant4 wrote:

Again, not much.  The T5i is newer, and features a tilt-twist rear LCD display.  I think the T5i may offer a couple of features, which the T5 lacks, like auto sensor cleaning on power up/down and mirror lockup.  Performance wise, they are nearly identical.

Are you looking to upgrade from a T3i, or to replace an inoperative T3i?  What is your budget?  The best place for discounted Canon DSLRs is the Canon Refurbished Store.

https://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/cameras/refurbished-eos-digital-slr-cameras

Most of the special holiday deals and packages are sold out.

@bgant4 wrote:

A T5 and a T6 are the same camera, except the T6 is newer and adds builtin Wi-Fi, which does not mean the camera is networkable.

The T6i and T6s are a step up from a T3/T3i Series, or a T5/T6/T5i Series.

bgant4 wrote:

The T5i has many useful upgrades over the T5, and I think it is well worth spending about $200 more for it. This is especially true if the T5I comes bundled with the 18-55 IS STM lens. (the T5 often is bundled with the non STM or sometimes even non IS lens)

I would only recommend the T5 for a first time DSLR shooter who wants to get a feel for the DSLR experience. If photography is your passion, you will quickly want to upgrade when you learn more about photography and you come to realize how stripped down the T5 is.

Because the T5i also has so many more advanced features, you may never have to upgrade your camera.

Advantages of the T5i over the T5:

Self Cleaning Sensor

Faster processor (Digic 5 vs Digic 4)

Shoots faster frames per second (5 fps vs 3 fps)

Articultaed rear LCD screen

Touch Screen rear LCD

Higher resolution rear LCD screen  (1,040,000 vs 460,000)

Higher max ISO (256000 vs 12800)

More powerful flash (13 vs 9.2 meters at ISO 100)

Ability to use built-in flash as Master flash for off camera flash

PDAF on sensor phase detect AF (great for video with STM lenses)

Built in Stereo vs mono microphone for video

External microphone jack for video

Mike Sowsun

Go with a Canon T7I and be set for LIFE!  I got the body only for $650 on Greentoe.com

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I actually did not know the T5i was still available new.  Are you looking used?  The price difference between a new T5i and a much better T6i is not very much if any at all.

BTW, turn your caps off.  That is considered rude on most forums.   Smiley Frustrated

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements