cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon connect app (rebel t5)

lauraa
Apprentice
how do you connect the rebel t5 to the canon connect app? i think it's a really cool idea and I'd love to use it, except the t5 doesn't have wifi, so im not sure how else i can connect it. I am using an iPhone 5s
10 REPLIES 10

Mykolas
Authority

Hi lauraa!

Thanks for posting.

The Camera Connect app is not compatible with the EOS Rebel T5.  It can only be used to connect to cameras using a Wi-Fi connection.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

well i just bought an eos rebel t5i , and how can i connect it to a wifi ?

As above, you have to use a Wi Fi card.

nick_bishop68
Apprentice
It is conectable using an eye-fi card which is a SD memory card with built in Wi-fi.
I am have an issuue with my EOS 1200D (Rebel T5) where i can connect directley to the card but not via the camera "wi-fi setting in the menue."

Melly
Apprentice
I have a canon eos rebel t5. How can I transfer my pictures?

A simple SD card reader for your smartphone or tablet will download your pictures much faster than the wifi connection.  The advantage of the wifi transfer is that you do not have to handle the card itself.

i use both wifi and a card reader with my iPhone, and either way is convenient, but a large download is always easier with the card reader because of the speed.  Likewise, the remote control offered by the app is somewhat useful, but not as convenient as an inexpensive wireless remote.

I prefer to shoot using RAW files.  You are not able to transfer RAW files as you an JPEG files, so the built-in wireless transfer capabilities in some Canon DSLRs [NOT the T5] is pretty much useless to me.  You need the WFT adapters for true wireless networking capability.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

cduffy22
Apprentice

Could i use a 

Toshiba 32GB FlashAir III Wireless SD Memory Card, White,(PFW032U-1CCW) 

SD card with the cannon connect app? I purchased it from amazon with the impression it had its own app, but is it compatible with the cannon connect app?

CDuffy22, did you have any luck getting your T5 to connect with the Toshiba wireless card?

If not with that, did you find another solution?

I'm currently looking for a wireless transmission of files and I've not heard of a reliable solution yet.

Announcements