cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T3i not recognized by Windows 10

atuk02
Contributor

Windows 10 will not recognize my eos T3i camera. I get an exclamation mark in device manager under other devices.

If there is a workaround until this problem is resolved please share your findings.

Thanks,

Albert

42 REPLIES 42

Everything was copied and it still won't work

KathiJ
Apprentice

my pc does not recognize the card for my Canon Power Shot Elph 300 hs.  What can I do?

Meow-Meow
Contributor

After a windows 10 upgrade my Canon camera Rebel EOS T3i no longer will work with windows 10. I don't think it recognizes the USB port.

Meow-Meow
Contributor

After a windows 10 upgrade my Canon Rebel EOS T3i is no longer recognized. I sometimes get a Camera 'Icon' with an explanition point. Does anyone know how to fix? But I have not been able to fix the problem.

Hi Meow-Meow,

Thank you for your post.

When you see your camera with an exclamation point, are you seeing this in the Device Manager or are you seeing this on the File Explorer?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

It only shows up in file explorer for about 20 seconds then vanishes as though it was never there. I tried to change the settings when it's their but it doesn't hang around long enough. I generally can get the camera icon to come back if I turn off the camera and then back on. Everything worked fine before the Windows10.

Hi Meow-Meow!

We know the camera is compatible with Windows 10, so you might try a different USB cable, or different port. If this is a desktop computer, try using a port in the back of the computer instead of one in the front. If it's a laptop, try any other port. It could also be a cable issue that just happened to pop up after the upgrade to Windows 10, so we'd suggest trying a different cable if moving to an alternate USB port doesn't resolve the issue. 

If that doesn't work, the next step would be to try the camera with another computer running Windows 10 to make sure the camera is operating properly. 

If you need help with any of this, our US-based technical support team will be happy to guide you one-on-one. Their contact information can be found at http://Canon.us/ContactCF  

Hi. Thanks for the help. I have three computers available. Two with Windows 10 and one with Windows 7. The camera worked with all three before the upgrade. The camera refuses to work with either Windows 10 but will work with the Windows 7 computer, I'm using the same cable for all the computers.

"The camera worked with all three before the upgrade."

Try a restore to a know working point on one of the Windoze 10 boxes.  I had the same problem after a Win 10 upgrade but with a printer and some software. Not a camera.  Did the restore and all was well again.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Hi Meow-Meow,

Your camera should not appear in the File Explorer, but should appear in your computer's Device Manager. Please disconnect your camera and take a look in the Device Manager and let us know what you see, as described below.

An easy way to enter the Device Manager is to right-click on the "Windows/ Start" button, then choose "Device Manager". Once in the Device Manager, please take a look at the following folders- if they're present- and let us know which devices you see inside:

1. Portable Devices
  2. Imaging Devices
  3. Other Devices
  4. Unknown Devices
Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements